Plugging a pipe ID

cobra46

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2007
Rocklin, Ca
The plumbing to my under construction pool was under pressure and leak free for more than a week. The PB cut the cap off the waterfall line when the waterfall was built a couple of weeks ago.

My concrete guy has been working around the pool for the last week setting forms and building a retaining wall. The concrete guy and I had a long discussion where I showed him pictures of the exposed plumbing and we walked all around the yard so I could physically show him where the pipes are.

Since the forms are nearly finished I want to put the system back under pressure to see if something has been damaged while he was working. The concrete guy wants to cap off the waterfall line at the equipment pad and then pressurize the remainder of the system. This will forever leave a question mark about the integrity of the waterfall line, however, I suppose a small leak in the waterfall line would not be the end of the world since it is not be ran too often.

Is there a non destructive and temporary method to plug the ID of the waterfall line at the waterfall? I'm envisioning some kind inflatable bag.

Thanks,

Kevin

There are inflatable plugs that plumbers use when they can't shut the water off to a line they need to work on, but it sounds like you just need a test plug.

0260372.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.