Checking in

Mar 18, 2014
Edmond, OK
Hi. Y'all were so helpful to us as we were getting set up. I wanted to post again with our weekly test results. They've been pretty consistent the last 2-3 week.
FC 2.5, CC 0.5, TC 3.0
CH 400
TA 170
CYA 35 (down just this week, had been holding steady at 40)
pH 7.8 (our well water is slightly alkaline and tests at about 7.2-7.4)

How do these numbers look? And how often should I expect to be adding bleach to the pool? Is there a frequency that would be concerning, or is it just, do it as needed and keep TC in the right range?

Thanks so much!

Natalie

More chlorine!! Everything else looks fine, but with a CYA of 35, you should never let your FC get below 3. I'm conservative, so if I were you, when the FC gets to 4, add more so it goes to 6. It's important, so I'll say it again....never let the FC get below 3.

Plan on adding bleach every day until you get the feel for your pool.

Did I mention that you should do whatever is necessary to keep your FC above 3 at all times?

Natalie,

Even though this thread is a few day's old, I'm not sure that all your questions have been clearly answered. As Smykowski stated, you're low FC level is putting you at risk for algae to form in your pool. Keep your chlorine levels above 3 at all times. I'd personally suggest at this point aiming for a 5ppm level. This allows for some normal FC lose, however will always keep you above the 3ppm level. You should be testing your chlorine and pH levels daily and adjusting as needed.

How does your water look?? Can you post a photo???

WELCOME TO TFP!

As Leebo said...at least the FC and Ph should turn into "daily" test numbers instead of weekly until you get a feel for what your pool requires. Summer heat changes everything!

We do test the chlorine and pH daily, I merely posted the weekly numbers because they have been pretty consistent. Thank you for the chlorine advice. I raised it to 6 and will aim to keep it in the 5-6 range on a daily basis. Our water is clear, though we continue to have issues with stuff on the bottom of the pool, but our property has a lot of trees, so this may just be a constant battle for us. I will post a picture later today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.