PH 6.8 TA 220 Help

Sep 15, 2013
PH was 7.4 added 1 gallon M acid to 34,000 vinyl pool in attempt to lower TA.
Currently have deck jets running to aerate pool LOTS of surface BUBBLES to raise PH to acceptable levels.
Should I continue aeration or add Borax?
I'm assuming 6.8 isn't too low and should be able to increase naturally through aeration "I HOPE"

Thanks

Just wait it out.The pH will come back up on its own. Follow the Lowering Total Alkalinity procedure as described in pool school including using pool math to calculate the correct amount of acid to add to lower the pH to 7.2.

Based on poolmath, you didn't overshoot by much. Your pH should be about 7.0. A little low but not critical.

Unless your calcium level is very high, you're not at risk for scaling. There's no reason to rush the process.

What was the strength of the acid? Using the 31% MA I'm getting around 6.5 as a number......in which I'd suggest dropping in some borax to raise the levels.

Keep in mind the test only goes down to 6.8 so anything lower is a guess on the correct number.

Note that the "Effects of Adding Chemicals" part of PoolMath does not use the actual TA. In this case, with a TA of 220, the pH should not have gone below 7.1.

If you put 220 in the TA box and do pH from 7.4 to 7.1, it shows that the amount of acid required is 135 oz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.