Pssttt - Middle Tennessee peeps - Wall Whales on Sale!

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
I just stopped by the new Leslie's pool store up here in the GlenOaks shopping center, and they have the Wall Whales on sale for $19.99. The store is in the strip mall in front of Target/World Market, beside Salsalito's.

Edit - In case you're wondering where the heck the GlenOaks shopping center is, it's up here north of Hendersonville; take the New Shackle Island exit off of Vietnam Vets Blvd.

Hey Mike! I saw those at Leslie's in Brentwood a couple of weeks ago. I can see why a plaster pool would need them, but can you or someone else explain why we liner-pooled people need them? The water line is where I scrub/brush and I do that as part of my "playing in the pool"! :) Are you saying that I should be brushing the entire wall??? :shock:

Karen

Hey Karen,

Oh yeah, if you've got vinyl, you still need to brush your walls (and floor). Algae likes walls and floors, be it plaster or vinyl. For example, a week or two ago I left my solar cover on the pool for several days as we had some fairly mild weather, and I didn't want the temp to drop; when I took the cover off and got in, the walls and floor felt rather slippery. I didn't have any CC's to speak of, but decided to brush down the walls and floor anyway, because if your liner feels slippery or slimy, chances are it's algae. Sure enough, that night when I checked my skimmer sock, it had a bunch of dead algae in it. I'm guessing I had a nascent bloom that was killed off (my FC shot up while the cover was on because I left the SWCG running on it's regular cycle), and I brushed all the dead algae loose.

So, long story short..yep, you do still need to brush more than just the water line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.