Here is my present numbers.
    FC 5
    TC 5
    pH 7.8
    Alk 90
    CA 250
    Salt 3400
    CYA 80
    CSI is is between 0.00 and +.04 depending on which spreadfsheet I use.
    So it seems this is my pools sweet spot.

My question is this...
    It seems that my water balance is really great now with pH at 7.8 with CSI of almost zero.
    Why would I change this by adding acid to lower my pH to say 7.6 which gives me a much lower CSI.....

I'm thinking not to add any acid until my pH reaches 8

Iggy
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What do you think?

Chlorine output from a SWG can drop off when the pH is high. If you have a plaster pool raise the CH to about 300 ppm and keep the pH at 7.6

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What do you think?

There is really no point in trying to get CSI to exactly zero. It is perfectly fine to let CSI be at other levels between -0.5 and +0.2. Technically, it is best to have CSI just a bit negative, partly because the CSI is higher inside a heater or SWG, and partly because PH tends to rise.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School