About that Dragon from last year

Tiba80

Sep 3, 2013
Lakeport, CA
When I first found this forum last summer my pool was pea-soup green ("Time to slay the dragon" 9-4-13) Life was not good. But I listened to the senior members of this forum even when they chewed on my behind :whip:

I bought THE TESTKIT ! :testkit: and learned how to use it consistently.

I posted test results :testresults: so I could be :whip: again.

I learned patience, because you don't just clear up a 40,000 gallon algae bloom overnight. :brickwall:

And I basically wrote off an entire swimming season. :sad:

With the unseasonably warm weather in February, I opened the pool in early March, determined to not let another summer get away. :thumbdown:

My pool is clear. Although my CYA is down, my CC is ZERO, and I can see the rust stains in the deepest part of the pool (10 ft). :party:

My point is, for the new people out there, is that the TFP system WORKS!!!!!!! Trust the system. Ask questions. Post your test results. And learn to test your own water. You can reclaim your pool from the green monster. If I can do it, so can you.

I still need a new filtration system etc., but that is best left for another part of the forum.

As the Nike ads have said for years, JUST DO IT!

:rockon:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.