slime on the pool cleaner hose ?!?

cnatra

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2014
Houston TX
so I'm getting slime on the pool cleaner hose

I remember from years ago when I had a blue&white Polaris280 that was a bad sign (algae?)

the hose with the Racer is dark grey so hard to tell what it is

any thoughts ??

Well, what does your water look like? Are you leaving the hose in the pool for long periods of time? How about some test results?

Make sure to get an FAS-DPD kit. The link in my signature is a good place to get the right test kit.

well I'm a newbie & had only seen reference to the Taylor K-2600 previously , wish I had read about the TF-100 sooner

this is what I ordered , not sure if it's a K2600c but it does mention FAS-DPD

www.amazon.com/dp/B0002IXIIG/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I found this kit comparo , www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison

hoping I didn't make a mistake with the Taylor

well I'm a newbie & had only seen reference to the Taylor K-2600 previously , wish I had read about the TF-100 sooner

this is what I ordered , not sure if it's a K2600c but it does mention FAS-DPD

www.amazon.com/dp/B0002IXIIG/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I found this kit comparo , www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison

hoping I didn't make a mistake with the Taylor
That is the correct kit. You can buy refills from tftestkits but they won't fit in the nifty little box.

OK , great

the Taylor arrived today , did a quick CYA test before it got dark
(I think I have 0 CYA , no clouding of the water)

plan on doing all the tests in the morning
the chlorine test is a little more involved than I expected :eek:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can collect water from the pool and take it in the house to test it.

I would start by lowering the pH to 7.2 and then get the fc up to about 5 to 10 ppm with liquid chlorine. Then get the cyanuric acid started. Begin working down the TA. Once the TA is down, begin raising the calcium.

You're showing some CCs, but I think that that's possibly test error. Recheck fc and cc when the fc is about 5 ppm. The slime and cc level indicate that a slam is needed. If the cc is still above 0.5 or you don't pass the overnight chlorine loss test, then begin the slam.

Brush the pool daily and keep the pH in in the correct range.

I would start by lowering the pH to 7.2 and then get the fc up to about 5 to 10 ppm with liquid chlorine. Then get the cyanuric acid started. Begin working down the TA. Once the TA is down, begin raising the calcium.

You're showing some CCs, but I think that that's possibly test error. Recheck fc and cc when the fc is about 5 ppm. The slime and cc level indicate that a slam is needed. If the cc is still above 0.5 or you don't pass the overnight chlorine loss test, then begin the slam.

Brush the pool daily and keep the pH in in the correct range.

Thanks , going to start slamming today

As long as you pass the overnight chlorine loss test, and have no CCs, then you're good. However, if you don't pass the overnight chlorine loss test, or if you have CCs, then a Slam is indicated.

Also, due to the slime, I would maintain the chlorine at about 15 percent of the cyanuric acid level for about a week to be safe.

As long as you pass the overnight chlorine loss test, and have no CCs, then you're good. However, if you don't pass the overnight chlorine loss test, or if you have CCs, then a Slam is indicated.

Also, due to the slime, I would maintain the chlorine at about 15 percent of the cyanuric acid level for about a week to be safe.

OK , Thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.