Hubby's getting on the bandwagon, too!

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
It was totally my idea to get a pool; hubby said "whatever." But now that we've got it, he likes it. He even got a matching Incredible Hulk swim trunks and beach towel! I came home a couple of days ago and found the beach towel hung on the living room wall. He said it also makes a good poster. :lol:

Anyway, I told him that I found this great website where I can get all the recommended water balance guidelines, instructions on the best way to test water, a calculator to figure out how much our pool holds (9400 gallons), and all kinds of pool care kits. He's totally computer illiterate, and has no desire to change that, but he said to me that the website sounded like a "really good resource for me to have." He himself was pool certified several years ago when he was working maintenance at an apartment complex. He has red-green color blindness, though, so he really can't check the PH in the pool water with any degree of accuracy. Some other tests would probably also be a challenge to him. So yours truly will end up doing most the water testing. He can handle CYA and OTO chlorine with no problems, though. :lol:

Cool! Boy it must be tough having to read colors and having some color-blindness, but from what I understand, that affects alot of us guys. Most of the time, I get my wife to double-check my pH reading, just to be sure. 8)

Swimgirl said:
he was working maintenance at an apartment complex. He has red-green color blindness, though, so he really can't check the PH in the pool water with any degree of accuracy. Some other tests would probably also be a challenge to him.

Now we know why apartment complex have bad looking water :shock: :wink:

Poolidiot said:
Swimgirl said:
he was working maintenance at an apartment complex. He has red-green color blindness, though, so he really can't check the PH in the pool water with any degree of accuracy. Some other tests would probably also be a challenge to him.

Now we know why apartment complex have bad looking water :shock: :wink:

:lol: :p :lol: :p 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.