Pulling the trigger on a Polaris 9450

Glad to hear you enjoyed the review largent. I have used the remote a few times to spot clean, instead of running a full cycle before company comes over. Or for a few leaves, or worms. I really don't use it that often because the cleaning cycles completely clean the pool. The 9450 will do a thorough job of cleaning your pool without having a remote.

Largent/Cruzr....

I'm looking closely at these two cleaners, and am wondering if either of you can post any update on how they're working for you?

I'm looking at the third Dolphin DX4 power supply that's failed in three years, and if I can't get it handled under warranty, I'm moving to a different brand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, Javaverses....

I am a bit concerned about the cord on the Polaris vs. the Dolphin I've been using....I'm guessing Maytronics has a patent on the swiveling power cord, which is why the others don't offer it. Still no issues you've noticed with the power cord tangling up? (I'm especially cautious about this, as my Dolphin would often get hung up on one of the floor main drains...spinning in circles until it eventually got free...I can't imagine what would happen to the power cord on a cleaner that didn't have a swivel connection).

Thanks, Javaverses....

I am a bit concerned about the cord on the Polaris vs. the Dolphin I've been using....I'm guessing Maytronics has a patent on the swiveling power cord, which is why the others don't offer it. Still no issues you've noticed with the power cord tangling up? (I'm especially cautious about this, as my Dolphin would often get hung up on one of the floor main drains...spinning in circles until it eventually got free...I can't imagine what would happen to the power cord on a cleaner that didn't have a swivel connection).
Sometimes it gets a little twisted, but it never seems to effect the performance. I think the reason it gets twisted is due to the way we coil it when we put it up. If it isn't uncoiled right it retains the twist once in the pool, but like
I said it never seems to stop it from working properly. We have no problem with it hanging up near our drain, but it does have a little trouble doing our pool steps. We usually just manually brush those.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.