Caribbean Clear

Apr 9, 2014
Winter Haven, FL
I don't know if this has been discussed on here, or how many people have heard of this system, and what they think of it. My parents live in PA and used Baquacil, and had a big problem with pink algea. Now they have no problems, they poor a little bleach in every once in a while and thats it. No other chemical purchase, and their pool is clear when they open it in the spring.

Looking at their website, they admit it is a copper and silver ion system. The claim is that the levels of copper and silver ions in the water act as algacide and antimicrobials. The claim is that with 0.4 ppm of chlorine, and is as effective as 2.0 ppm chlorine.

What I don't see anywhere on their website is any reference to the staining, green hair etc. that we know can and often will happen when these type of systems are used.

No thank you. I'll stick with the TFPC methods!

Interesting in the 5+ years my parents had the system no ones ever gotten green hair, and my mom and sister color their hair regularly. I know they have a DE filter as well they change that monthly, but they've never used anything but bleach. I just wanted to get peoples opinions if they have seen them.

90% of the time all I'm adding is a little liquid chlorine too :)

Has always opened clear.

Even if it did work flawlessly (indefinitely), I still wouldn't have any desire to try a "magic" system :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.