leaking plunger please help

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
ok so I set up my 633 intex pump and it works great except I found one leak and im wondering what to do and can I fix it or contact the seller heres a pick, it leaks from just under the the twisting close off of the plunger, heres a pic.....please help

Attachments

• DSCN0125.jpg
    DSCN0125.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 19
That cap the handle comes through is a twist on cap. Try tightening it a bit.

I'm not sure how those compare to the older style internally. I have the older on my pool. I'd think they would be the same or similar.

Have your helper hold the bowl again, and unscrew the cap. You should be able to pull the whole valve out to put pool lube on the internal O-rings. Check also if it has an O-ring on the cap around the stem. Almost forgot-- you would need to close the other valve before doing this....

Have you tried to disassemble the valve? It could be an O-ring got pinched when it was assembled. Replacement rings can be had from local hardware and auto parts stores, just take one with you for match-up.

I think you can figure out a way to block the water from escaping while you run to the store. Tennis ball in the fitting idea has been suggested in another thread, as well as other ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.