Are these Ph meters reliable and alternative to test strips?

And the drop based tests are generally better than digital testers, unless you spend a lot of money and calibrate often and even then you do not know if the results are good

There are a couple of PH meters, all over $100, that work fine when properly calibrated. They need to be calibrated frequently, preferably weekly, but at least monthly, with reference solutions. Some of the even more expensive versions can go longer between calibrations, but still need to be calibrated occasionally. The added complexity of calibration makes them much more appropriate for professionals than home use.

There are a couple of PH meters, all over $100, that work fine when properly calibrated. They need to be calibrated frequently, preferably weekly, but at least monthly, with reference solutions. Some of the even more expensive versions can go longer between calibrations, but still need to be calibrated occasionally. The added complexity of calibration makes them much more appropriate for professionals than home use.

Agreed, but weekly at minimum.

I don't know about those but If I were considering one, I would look at a MyronL pH pen. Most like that are not accurate enough for my taste. You will have to get pH buffers/cal solution too don't forget. Its essential. 4, 7, and 10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.