myingroundpoolproject.blogspot.com

Looks like you're going to have a nice set-up! Let's hope your local bureaucrats move that paper right along. I'm also in the construction phase, but currently at a standstill. It's been about a week since anyone's been working here, and with no rain. But this was to be expected. Anyway, good luck with your project!

Dave

Good luck on your build. I just read your blog and it sounds like your well on your way. I will say that I don't agree with your assessment that IG vinyl pools are just glorified AG pools stuck in the ground. There are issues with owning any kind of pool but also many happy owners of each type; AG, IG vinyl, gunite, and fiberglass (Check out TripleB4me's pool build for a fabulous vinyl liner pool). Like alot of things, the right choice is often based on personal factors and what is right for you.

I was impressed with your thoroughness in getting your attorney to review the contract and having the resolve to back out until the issues were addressed. Anyone building a pool would be wise to learn from your example as any negative from the delay would be offset by the benefit of ensuring that you are protected during the build. The language in standard contracts is written to protect the builder not the pool owner.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Your absolutely right about my vinyl comment. There are a multitude of factors that come into play when building a pool. Some pool systems just make more sense depending on where you live. I also hope that I didn't offend any AG pool owners. I had one for almost 10 years and quite enjoyed it. My language was probably a bit strong in that respect.

As to the contract situation, I STRONGLY URGE anyone who signs a contract to have an attorney review the fine print. My contract was the size of the Constitution, with a lot of fine print on the back. You're right, the PB contract is written by their attorney and usually contains only language to protect their interests. it's not that I don't trust my PB, it's just that things can go sour, and you should have some protection just in case. The PB initially said "thanks, but no thanks" when I sent a list of changes to the contract. I told him I would call to sit down and go over some of the changes that I thought were reasonable. I was quite surprised when he agreed to make some of the more important changes, like lien waivers and written change orders.

All in all, it was a good decision. :-D

Alexander pool install!!

My PB set a date of July 9th, and it looks like he will make the date.Yesterday a truck arrived and dropped off a load of equipment (pipes, filters, pump, etc.) We are VERY excited, and I plan on documenting the whole thing here and on the blog (myingroundpoolproject.blogspot.com)
we have had one minor problem with the PB so far. The truck that arrived yesterday was a surprise, and no one was here when he arrived. They have very specific instructions to avoid one side of the house due to a septic field that can not be driven on. My wife arrived home to find that the driver was on the wrong part of the yard, and had gotten stuck in the grass. A tow truck had to be called to drag his vehicle off the lawn. A fairly minor snafu, in the hole scheme of things.
Another lesson learned, always try and be home when your PB will be working!

I will post pics of the build on Monday. The excavation will start then, pool "should' have water in it by late afternoon!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is in the ground and full of water!! Pics soon as I get a chance to upload. Question on stamped concrete (our mason is offering us a discount if we upgrade) any comments pro or con with stamped concrete?

Pics of the Viking fiberglass pool install (all in one day!)

[web]http://www.myingroundpoolproject.blogspot.com[/web]

I can't figure out how to upload pics to this BB :oops:
In the meantime, I have updated the blog with many photos. I'll keep trying to do the same here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.