suck wate from both SPA and pool at the same time?

Jul 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi all,

I think this question has probably been asked before but I can't find the answer in search. Anyway, can you draw water from both SPA drain and main pool at the same time? My SPA has a spillover. I am thinking it may improve the circulation in the SPA...

On a different note, to provide enough water to spillover and 5 pool returns at the same time, I need to run the pump at 1800 rpm. If I want to cut down the power, can I run the pool and SPA independently without spillover (provided the valve actuators are on a timer)?

Scott

You want to run the spa in spillover mode for at least 30 minutes to an hour each day. That will make sure the water in the spa gets properly circulated. The rest of your runtime can be in pool only mode at a lower speed.

It is physically possible to draw water from both the pool and the spa at the same time, but it almost invariably leads to the spa draining, which you don't want. Spillover mode for an hour is a much better solution, and more than sufficient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.