Losing water

Update the skimmer is actually holding water not sure what I was thinking when I said it wasn't. Here are pictures of skimmer and visible trouble areas
8uje8e5y.jpg
4y5y3yqa.jpg

Good morning, please help me with next steps.

Now that the water line is an inch below mouth of skimmer, I have lost all of my water in the skimmer basket. It is dry, so maybe it was dry perviously as well. I have water in both pipes in the skimmer about an inch below bottom of skimmer. I am going to plug both lines, clean out the skimmer housing to see any cracks, fill it and see if it holds water.

we will see where that takes me

thoughts?

Looks like the leak was where the main drain connected to bottom of skimmer. Once I plugged that the leak stopped. I have a #10 plug in there is that the most permanent plug or is threaded PVC better

The plug you have will probably be good enough.

Since you have an IG pool, the only way I can think of the permanently repair the line would be to pull up the coping and a bit of your deck to gain access to the plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.