Test kit questions

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
I got the Taylor test kit today with fas/dpd and am wondering about the safety of the chemicals. They all have warning labels and the msds says to wear gloves and a mask for the powder for example. Are these things actually dangerous in normal usage? Does anyone where ppe?

Second question are there any ph tests that are easier to read then the standard phenyl red drops? It's always hard to tell the colors apart.

I have never worn gloves or a mask ... I would not suggest drinking or squirting them in your eyes though :mrgreen: You should also not fold up a stroller with your baby still in it as the warning labels show :scratch: A little common sense goes a long way ;)

The Taylor pH test is the best on the market ... there is not need to be exact. Too pink, the pH is high, Too yellow, the pH is low.

Confirming jblizzle's post, and despite our government's requirement to scare everyone to death, the chemistry is pretty harmless.

I would not suggest drinking or squirting them in your eyes though....as bjblizzle so wisely suggests and I concur.

Over the years, I have had them all on my hands full strength for a time.....no affect whatsoever that I can detect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.