How do I hook up my Polaris cleaner?

Apr 12, 2014
Pittsburg, KS
I am new pool owner, we just moved here in Feb. The previous owner left us with a pool full of leaves and pollen as well as a Polaris 280 cleaner in the shed. I am having the darnedest time figuring it out. The easy disconnect part is too big for the eyeball return jets (even when I remove them). I have a booster pump but can't see that this model runs off a pump. The manual says it connects to a return line. I have this plug in the side of the pool - pic attached. Can anyone tell me if I should remove that plug and use it for the cleaner?

Thanks!
y5ejuber.jpg

7000 Gal IG pool, gunite construction, intellichlor SWG, Hayward sand filter, 1hp pump

The 280 does require a booster pump, so there must a a return in the pool that is attached to the booster pump outlet. I would guess that the plug you are showing is that return and where you would hook up the cleaner.

I would remove that plug and then turn on the booster pump to see if water starts coming out of that return.

+1

Turn the booster pump on and see which return water starts coming out of. Or turn the main pump on (leave the booster off) and see which return water is not coming out of (or coming out much slower than the other returns).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.