cutting holes help/tips please

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
hi again guys so I just got in my new intex 633 pump and it was a deal on amazon for 100 bucks including the plungers and valves...my pools the 14 foot ultra frame so it has intake/outlet holes for the smaller 1000 gph pump. ive read that I should use the gasget from the plunger, place it on the wall of the pool and use a sharpie to trace around the inside of the gasget then cut along the outside of the sharpie line and then assemble things....is that right?...tips, help...please this is my first time doing it and I might do this Thursday if not sunday when im off and im nervous about it....thanks

No need to be nervous. You have the idea already. One tip -- Use a Brand new utility knife blade or new blade in an x-acto knife to cut your holes. Any dullness to the knife you use will tend to wander off the line you are trying to cut. Don't worry too much about staying exactly on the line, as long as you get is as close as you can.

If you have a helper, and don't want to drain any of your water, have you helper hold a large bowl against the side of the pool with the pool side of the fitting inside of it. Cut your line, pull the old fitting out, then reach into the bowl and pull the new fitting into the hole. There should be two gaskets for each of the fittings, one for inside the pool and one for the outside. Put the nut on and tighten it hand tight. Attach your new valve to the fitting, close the valve, and remove the bowl from inside the pool. you will probably have a little seepage, just tighten the nut a little more until it stops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.