Stenner install question

They're most likely concerned with stagnation if using a full branch tee. You're not likely to have a problem using a full branch tee in pool systems because the flow is turbulent enough to keep the branch flushed. however, using a reduced branch tee eliminates the problem altogether.

Using a reduced branch tee is just a little more reliable long term than the fittings Stenner suggests, though either approach works well enough for most people.

I'm guessing a reduced branch tee will help insure the tip of the injector is in the path of outgoing water. It appears, in this diagram, that Stenner recommends the drill and tap method. However, a tee is described in the 85MHP17 user manual.

Question on drum connection: Is a vent of any sort needed? Seems a vacuum would develop and prevent chlorine from being drawn into the pump.

There has to be some venting to let air in to replace liquid pumped out. High end acid tanks have one way valves so air can get in but fumes can't get out. Most people just use a fairly tight but not air tight seal around the tube, tight enough to keep most fumes inside, but loose enough to let some air get in.

On my setup I use a common plumbing vacuum release valve on the tank to keep it from collapsing, and for overpressure I simply use wedge shaped rubber stopper around the feed line where it goes through a hole in the tank, the weight of the foot valve (I use a metering pump not a stenner pump) holds the tube in place. If enough pressure builds up to lift the hose with the ceramic foot valve weight (a few ounces) it will allow the rubber stopper to lift out of the hole and vent.

Ike

I'll have to look up the pressure relief valve. What are they typically used for? I like the idea of a "floating" stopper for the tube. It seems most just stick the tube through a drilled hole, as Jason mentions.

I'm thinking I may get two 15 gallon drums and swap them out. I can easily fill out in the open and then swap with the empty drum.
I'm also thinking of putting a plastic "tube" in the ground so that the drum will drop in most of the way. This will prevent tipping and keep the setup neat looking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.