Circupool Si Reviews...

derwig

Apr 14, 2014
Oakville, ON
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone is able to share their experiences with using the Circupool Si Chlorinators? I'm looking to replace an obsolete Delzone Triopure (combined chlorine/ozone) system that was installed by the previous owner of our property; it has never performed well, I had to shock our pool repeatedly last year to keep it from going green..and the chlorine levels have never reached anything respectable despite the pool chemistry being good :(.

My pool is 20ft x 40ft and around the 30,000 gallon mark, so have been looking at the Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Hayward Aquarite 40, and Circupool Si30/Si40 systems. Given the price & warranty of the Circupool, plus no penalty for DIY install, that's looking a good option at the moment.

I live in south Ontario so the pool is only used for around 4 months between late May-September.

Any advice/reviews would be gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Derwig

Welcome to TFP!

The CircuPool Si is too new to have anything really meaningful to say about it. Still, if you search the forum there are several people describing their first week or two with a new unit.

I have a CircuPool Si40 and have only used it for about a month. So far it is working well, and I am happy, but the last few days the transformer in the control box seems to be buzzing quite a bit. Probably just a loose screw that I can tighten down. I have read that other brands of SWG have sometimes had the same problem. If you go with CircuPool, you probably should go bigger than the Si30. I think the Si45 has replaced the Si40.

It has been replaced by the si-45, and I'm back to being happy about mine. I've been down for the last week or so probably for a power surge that caused my system to stop generating chlorine after an hour. My original system came back today and it seems to be working good again. Discount Salt Pool, the primary distributor in the US has given wonderful support in my initial travails.

It has been replaced by the si-45, and I'm back to being happy about mine. I've been down for the last week or so probably for a power surge that caused my system to stop generating chlorine after an hour. My original system came back today and it seems to be working good again. Discount Salt Pool, the primary distributor in the US has given wonderful support in my initial travails.

Many thanks for the helpful information! Will see what prices the local pool stores are offering in the next week at their season-opener sales, then make a decision from there....the Si45 looks like the best model in the Circupool line-up for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.