15ft intex metal frame pool...can plunger be installed on it?

Welcome to TFP!

If you look in my signature line, you will see I have the same pool. Yes, you can put the large fittings on your pool. It is strongly suggested that you upgrade your pump/filter unit to at least the 2500 gph pump/filter. You will need a few items to do this, link below.

Complete upgrade package

Search around Amazon.com and other places, you may be able to find a lower price for the complete package.

Also highly recommended is an upgrade in filter media, such as Unicel C-5315 or Filbur FC-3752 filter cartridges. Much better than the Intex branded.

Installing the larger strainer ports -- suction and return fittings -- will require cutting the new holes in the liner. you can cut out the smaller ports, and add these in place. This will NOT hurt your liner!!

Welcome to TFP!

If you look in my signature line, you will see I have the same pool. Yes, you can put the large fittings on your pool. It is strongly suggested that you upgrade your pump/filter unit to at least the 2500 gph pump/filter. You will need a few items to do this, link below.

Complete upgrade package

Search around Amazon.com and other places, you may be able to find a lower price for the complete package.

Also highly recommended is an upgrade in filter media, such as Unicel C-5315 or Filbur FC-3752 filter cartridges. Much better than the Intex branded.

Installing the larger strainer ports -- suction and return fittings -- will require cutting the new holes in the liner. you can cut out the smaller ports, and add these in place. This will NOT hurt your liner!!

I also have the 15'x48" intex and am in the process of upgrading the pump. The link above goes to a product that *no longer* puts the plungers or extras in with it. I just received it today :( I had returned the other one I purchased directly from Amazon as it didn't come with the extras and the other listing (the one you linked to above) not only said it included the plungers, valves, and strainers but it listed a comment warning to be careful of other sellers that remove these things to sell them separately. Needless to say I have two pumps now (one waiting for return to Amazon) that are identical in every way down to included accessories. When you open the box you get : pump & power cord, two hoses, filter. I called Intex directly and they said that was everything that was supposed to be included. I think accessories must have come with the older model but are no longer. I filed a complaint with the seller because as of the day I purchased the listing still showed that these were included. When I looked today the listing is totally changed and no longer says it. I hope this helps someone (and that the seller honors the listing as it was when I bought it :p).

I also have the 15'x48" intex and am in the process of upgrading the pump. The link above goes to a product that *no longer* puts the plungers or extras in with it. I just received it today :( I had returned the other one I purchased directly from Amazon as it didn't come with the extras and the other listing (the one you linked to above) not only said it included the plungers, valves, and strainers but it listed a comment warning to be careful of other sellers that remove these things to sell them separately. Needless to say I have two pumps now (one waiting for return to Amazon) that are identical in every way down to included accessories. When you open the box you get : pump & power cord, two hoses, filter. I called Intex directly and they said that was everything that was supposed to be included. I think accessories must have come with the older model but are no longer. I filed a complaint with the seller because as of the day I purchased the listing still showed that these were included. When I looked today the listing is totally changed and no longer says it. I hope this helps someone (and that the seller honors the listing as it was when I bought it :p).

I'm sorry for your trouble with the no longer supplied upgrade parts. Unfortunately, with the swim season starting, most sellers have doubled or better on their prices for the plunger valve and strainer sets. You can keep checking Ebay and Amazon, you still might find a deal on them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.