Construction starts tomorrow

Apr 10, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
We previously owned a 24' by 52" AGP and a tree fell on it and compromised the integrity of the wall. We chose to demolish it and upgrade to a larger pool instead which will be a 30' by 54" AGP. It's roughly 9000 more gallons so we are pretty excited. I'll be posting pictures of the install tomorrow along with size comparison pics from the 24 to the new pool.

So today is the big day... I expect to see pics by the time I get to work (7pm) so I can loaf around all night reading about your exciting day AND get paid to do it! :mrgreen:

The pool install has been delayed by the installers until further notice :( We purchased the pool over a month ago and we have had over 6 delays on scheduled installations. Reason for delays include weather. It's been raining like every 2-3 days. Is rain a huge problem with it comes to installing above ground pools?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This thing is a MONSTER. Casey, we did decide to cut the panel to fit the wide-mouth skimmer. It fit PERFECTLY. Can't believe we actually cut a standard skimmer wall into a wide-mouthed one!

Leveling:
Pool by returntohangar57, on Flickr

Wall Construction:

Liner goes in:

Skimmer cut:

Plumbing:

Top Rails:

All Done:

The pool is huge!!! Watch that skimmer box. They are notorious for leaking out the bottom. I hope you don't find out but if you do, get another gasket and sandwich it up against the first one on the outside of the pool and reinstall the skimmer. It was the only way I got mine to stop leaking!

Is the pool full yet? You have a lot of trees around! If I could have fit a 30ft'er in my yard, I would have!

Guess what! When the tree fell on our old pool it also landed on our brand new pump I had just bought to replace the old one that was on the old pool. The pump didn't look damaged so we hooked it up to our new pool as you can see in the picture. I turned it on low and it works perfectly. I then turned it on high and it sounded like a dying motor.

It sounded like it was giving out and barely chugged along. So it's busted. I have a replacement one coming in a few days I'll take the video then.

Sorry to hear about your pump. Can you just run it on low or is it toast since turning it on high?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.