Losing Salt - Leak??!

Shap

Oct 25, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Now that winter is gone and my salt cell can start producing clorine again I went and had my salt levels test to find out I have well below normal amount. I didn't save the PPM, but added two 40lbs bags of salt last week and tested again. I'm now at 1700 ppm while the recommended is 3400 ppm.

How do I begin testing for a leak? I shut off the auto-fill four days ago and the water level is about 2 inches below normal. I did notice in my raised spa there are two cracks in the steps, but I just can't image that would be leaking that big. Attached are some pictures of it. Also have notice by the pool skimmer we have grass. That grass by the skimmer grows greener and faster than the other grass... :-?

Here is link to pictures of the cracks noted. https://plus.google.com/photos/1136...s/6002661525055479569?authkey=CPf5raau87vHuAE

Thanks for any tips.

thank you for the fast responses. I'll research out the leak detection thread and try the bucket method mentioned. I would assume our evaporation rate is high right now, its been pretty hot and dry already.

I"m going to hold off on adding more salt right now until I do the bucket test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.