New Guy With Questions

Tag

Apr 15, 2014
Tulsa
Hello all! Love what I've seen of the site so far and know I will learn a lot.

First a little Background. I'm new to the pool world and will appreciate all info greatly. I've got a lot to learn! My wife ordered a pool from a well known retailers online store to swim laps and entertain our kids and grandkids :D. Delivery came surprisingly a week early but sadly missing an entire box. I know I'm new to this , but a pool needs a frame, right? :confused: Anyway, while we await the delivery of the replacement, I'm finishing the site prep but I cannot find any info on the spacing of the supports so I can set the pads and have the site ready when the pool arrives. I've seen dimensions for length and width and assume these are correct?? The pool is an Intex 16x32 Ultra Frame. Any setup tips or tricks will also be appreciated as the wife is growing more impatient every day. :-?

Also I've read good reviews about the saltwater systems for these pools, is it really as easy as it seems? I've always heard how much time and expense was involved in pool care.

Welcome to TFP!

While I can't answer your question about the pool supports, I can offer this: Where you are putting the pool at needs to be level, level, level! As in off no more that 1/2" between any two points. If it isn't that level, your pool will suffer, and could collapse when your kids and grandkids get the water moving, and I can assure you they will!

I can also strongly suggest that you start reading Pool School, linked in the upper right of every page. In there you will find much information on how your pool operates, what testing needs to be done on a daily basis and what kits we recommend for this. Most of it may seem like greek at first, but if you read through it several times, it will make sense.

I see in your sig line that you have already figured out you needed to upgrade the pump. This is a good thing!

Remember, a saltwater pool is still a chlorine pool, with the chlorine delivered in a different manner.

Thanks for your input. Having a level site seems to be the most important thing I've gotten from the posts so far, and I'm in the process of getting that done now.

I will start checking out Pool School to learn as much as I can.

About the pump upgrade, as I am waiting for the replacement pool to be delivered, I will be using the equipment that comes with the pool as sent. Won't that pump do the job?

If it's anything less than the 2650 in your sig line, sadly, no. Your volume of water would require at least that to keep it clean.

If you note what is in my sig, even what I've done is barely adequate for a much smaller volume of water.