I need HELP!

stagecrewgod said:
The "Vacuum Hose end" appears to be an vacuum adaptor. On the skimmer next to the suction port it says WHITE and next to the "Main Drain" port it says BLUE. My vacuum has a white end and blue end. Is there something behind this? Thanks!

The adapter being in there is probably blocking half of your flow from the drain or from both the drain and skimmer, depending where it is.

stagecrewgod said:
So is this "vacuum Hose Adaptor" (at least what I THINK is an adaptor) not a normal feature on skimmers? Is this something I should try to pull out (for instance if it is lodged in the piping)? Thanks!

I've never seen anything like that in a skimmer. It looks like the end of a vacuum hose. Have any pics of your vacuum hose? I wonder if it isn't missing the end (hose cuff).

The hose is intact. Like I have said, one side is WHITE (which goes on the skimmer suction "adaptor) and the other side isBLUE which goes on the vacuum. BUT the skimmer ALSO has the "main drain" that is labelled as BLUE. So that is why I am weirded out by the WHITE PORT and BLUE PORT labeling.

Could have the previous owner gotten a hose sucked up in the line? If so, how should I remove it? OR should I EVEN remove it since it still works? Let me know! Thanks!

You need to get a skimmer vacuum plate like this
62088Icon.jpg
so you can vacuum with the basket in place. Much better way to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.