Hot Tub Turning on and off

Apr 15, 2014
Pa
I was given a Tiger River Spas hot tub that sat for 2 years. Set it up yesterday ran all the electrics filled with water and plugged it in. The spa turned on and ran for 30 seconds then shut off. No power to the control panel at all. Waited 4 to 5 minutes and plugged it in and did the same thing. Left it plugged in and it was doing it on its own. Turn on for 30 seconds and then no power to the control panel. Can anyone help me out? I do know that the No Fault 6000 heater is leaking and needs replaced. Also the pump motor is loud and vibrating pretty bad. May need to replace that as well.
Please help!

You say you plugged it in. It's not tripping a breaker? It's not tripping an outlet or cord integrated GFCI?

Sounds like the heater and/or the pump is drawing too much amperage and causing a shut down. It could also be that the pump is not detecting proper prime and is shutting down because of that. If the heater is leaking enough, perhaps the pump is not able to establish proper prime.

Ok, it sounds to me like you have more than one problem.

Are you getting water circulation, these tubs will shut down on overheat if the circulation pump is not working right, and these circulation pumps are prone to air locks if not primed after sitting empty.

Ike

p.s. you may also want to try plugging it in with the cover off the control box and see which of the LED lights are lighting (near the top center / top left of the circuit board) See section I:6 of that manual in the link above

Ok, it sounds to me like you have more than one problem.

Are you getting water circulation, these tubs will shut down on overheat if the circulation pump is not working right, and these circulation pumps are prone to air locks if not primed after sitting empty.

Ike

p.s. you may also want to try plugging it in with the cover off the control box and see which of the LED lights are lighting (near the top center / top left of the circuit board) See section I:6 of that manual in the link above

The circulation pump is turning on! I need to look at it today to see what the lights are. I believe the top 2 are lighting up and it shuts down before the third light comes on. I'm just not sure what the lights are. Thank you for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.