Salt reading - how to calibrate?

Jul 26, 2013
Jensen Beach, FL
Hi all. I recently replaced my main PCB in my Goldline Aqua Logic PS-4 system and re-entered all of the programming. I replaced the board because I was getting the No Cell Power / No Cell Power 2 errors with the typical burnt solder joint (that I was unable to repair). The cell is a Hayward T-CELL-15. Prior to this cell power error and action everything was working fine.

Since I have done that, my cell is reading salt levels incorrectly. When I replaced the board it came up with 1900 PPM of salt. I thought it would be low as my board was down for a while, so I grabbed a water sample and headed to the pool store to buy salt. Problem is the guy said my salt level was over 5000. In disbelief I took another sample to a different pool store and they got the same reading. I was told I need to re-calibrate my cell. No worries - except that none of the instructions for my system tell me how to do that.

It is a Goldline AguaLogic PS-4 by Hayward. Links to operation and installation instructions below:
https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/AquaLogicAQL-PSSeriesInstallation.pdf
https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/AquaLogicAQL-PSSeriesOperationManual.pdf

Neither manual mentions cell calibration and Hayward is no help since my system is out of warranty. I have cleaned the cell, and taken the cell to the pool store for the free test and it passed. I have searched for this and can't find it anywhere. There is one forum post that mentions going to instant salt and pressing the + button to clear the cell memory. It does that, but this is not calibrating the cell, it is only clearing the past readings. Has anyone found a solution for this? Could there be something in the pool water causing incorrect readings (either on my end or at the pool store)?

Thanks,
-Don

Jason - thanks for the response. In the configuration menu there are two options - t-cell-5 and t-cell-15. T-cell-15 is selected.

Thanks for verifying there is no way to calibrate the cell on this system - I was told by several people that you could and I was pulling my hair out! I guess I will pick up a new cell and see if it makes a difference. The cell on my system is currently about 6 years old (give or take).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.