Pool Pilot Digital - Lock Up

MisterMister

LifeTime Supporter
For the past few months I have thoroughly enjoyed my newly installed Pool Pilot SWG. But I am having one issue with it. Every so often, maybe once every couple weeks, the Pool Pilot control unit will lock up. Yes, literally lock up. All (vast majority) of the LEDs on the display will show constant on. When the happens, the unit is locked up to the point where the scheduled pump cycle does not work, and the pump remains on. To correct the lock state, I have to restart power to the unit, then it is all normal for a couple weeks. Also, it has always locked up while the pump is ON.

I've been just kind of going with it until the last weekend, and the unit locked up, and staying in the on state. So my pump probably ran 24hrs for most of the weekend, which I have no real problem with. But with the pump being constant on, and the SWG chlorine generator also being on, my pool has an inflated chlorine ppm. Not overly high, about 12.5, but I see where this my be hazardous if I was attentive for a longer period of time.

Ideas on how to prevent the lockups?? I may need to call the manufacturer, but I thought I'd try here first.

Thanks,
Mister Mister

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.