Dolphin M5 vs Dolphin Oasis Z5

Jun 5, 2012
Hi, I'm looking to buy a robot cleaner this year and looking the Dolphin brand. I looked online and they said the M5 and Z5 are exactly same model. The only different is the M5 is for retail store and Z5 is for online. Could anyone let me know is this true?

Also any suggested online store for dolphin cleaner?

I don't know about that specific model, but Dolphin does traditionally make mail order models that are almost identical to their retail models. Often they will have minor differences in color scheme, cord length or run time. They even love to play these games on their retail models. I currently have a Dolphin Diagnostic Pro, which was the "professional" version of the Diagnostic with 1/3 longer warranty, and a duller gray and white color scheme when you look at the fine print details though, you find they changed the cleaning cycle from 3 hours down to 2 hours. (I bought mine cheap as an open box new deal on ebay)

I just purchased a Z5 from http://epicpoolsupply.com . The transaction was smooth. It is my understanding as well that the Z5 is pretty much the same as the M5. Their whole naming scheme is very annoying. The manual that came with the "Dolphin Oasis Z5" calls the model the "Dolphin Explorer Classic 9 / Top 9". It's really hard to tell what's what with the Dolphins.

I too recently purchased the Dolphin Oasis Z5 from Epic Pool. After countless hours of research, I knew I wanted a Dolphin and had narrowed it down to either the M4 or M5. My lingering concern was warranty coverage, and was relieved to see that Maytronics provides full warranty for Oasis Z5 when purchased online. After a week of heavy use, this model has met my expectations, picking up even the finest debris. I wasn't sure about wall-climbing ability (a frequent point of discussion in these pool cleaner threads) but it has performed flawlessly, climbing up to the tile line from the start. One tip - be sure to read the owner's manual, which emphasizes setting the handle/bar in a diagonal manner for optimum performance.

In the pictures for the Z5, I do not see the middle brush that my M5 has? I just went and examined listings for both units and although they have some similarities (remote, caddy, filter cartridges) they are definitely different animals. The M5 has a center brush in addition to the other two. The Z5 does not.....

I'm on the same fence. Dolphin's whole lineup is friggin annoying. The M5 also has the 'premium' remote versus the 'standard' that the Z5 has. I have an email out to Maytronics about their no warranty if purchased online tactics. I'm ready to pull the trigger so long as I get something in writing that they'll cover the Z5 if purchased online, although I prefer the 3rd brush of the M5 but can't find it anywhere.

And why isn't the Z5 listed on the Maytronics website!?!? They can't even keep up with their own model line-up! It's ridiculous!

I also bought the Z5 from Epic but before I did, I sent an email to Maytronics and they replied stating they would honor the warranty.
Only issue I could see in their response was that I would have to ship it to a repair center.

I also bought the Z5 from Epic but before I did, I sent an email to Maytronics and they replied stating they would honor the warranty.
Only issue I could see in their response was that I would have to ship it to a repair center.

Thanks. I spoke with them on the phone today and they also stated the same thing. Oasis is covered when purchased online so that's what I did, purchased from Epic. Can't wait to get it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still love mine. Can't compare to the M5 as I've never owned one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

awesome. Thanks for the update. I know that probably zero people have experience with both.

My only problem in the pool is dirt. When I saw your image of the crud trapped by the Z5 that "the pool cleaner" missed I was blown away. (I had planned to get that one until I saw that).

Still really like mine as well. Only need to run it 3-4 times per week depending on how much wind we have. Didn't think I'd care for the remote
but it is nice to use to "drive" the robot to small sections that may have been missed.

Thank you. I'm thinking I'll give it a try.

I took a leap of faith and bought the Z5. I'll post up my thoughts once it arrives.

FWIW, to anyone else who is considering purchasing. I suggest you use the chat function. They gave me 100.00 off by doing that. (pd $1299.99)

I took a leap of faith and bought the Z5. I'll post up my thoughts once it arrives.

FWIW, to anyone else who is considering purchasing. I suggest you use the chat function. They gave me 100.00 off by doing that. (pd $1299.99)

Where'd you purchase from? I paid $1199 shipped from Epic. No chat function used.

*edit* I just checked Epic's site and it looks like they've raised the price! Wow! I purchased my unit on May 7th for $1199. Their site now shows it for $1399. I'm lucky I purchased early.

Where'd you purchase from? I paid $1199 shipped from Epic. No chat function used.

*edit* I just checked Epic's site and it looks like they've raised the price! Wow! I purchased my unit on May 7th for $1199. Their site now shows it for $1399. I'm lucky I purchased early.

You and I got one in the nick of time. I got the same price you did. I went on Epic yesterday, saw the current price and smiled.

As for the Z5, so far, so excellent. Love it. Pool is so much cleaner now as opposed to my old pressure-side cleaner. I don't even have to run it every day now. Rinsing the cartridge filters is a breeze.

You always assume your pool is clean enough....until you REALLY see it clean. While I'd like the flexibility of the various modes the premium remote offers with the M5, the standard remote is probably good enough.

Money well spent IMHO.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You did whaaa???

You're gonna love it man!!

I just went to Epic a while ago, and CANNOT believe I didn't order a second set of filters for my M5. :rant:

They are now 99.00 instead of 59.99 What the? How did that happen?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.