Jandy AquaLinkRS Keeps Losing Date and Time. Also has a mind of its own. New Board?

crosley

Mar 27, 2014
Arizona
The screen for my AquaLinkRS will randomly default to a random date (i.e. 2006) and a random time.

Also, the equipment seems to have a mind of its own and is not following the programs I have set. Coming on and going off randomly.

Does this indicate I need a new board at the main unit? Or just a new "screen" that communicates to the main board.

Thanks for the help.

I called Jandy's tech support and they were incredibly worthless. They basically said to call a repair place and gave me some local numbers. He said it sounded like it might need a new board.

I ended up fixing the problem myself and it wasn't the board. Two things were happening. The first was simply a bad relay for both the spa control and filter pump. I tapped it with a screwdriver and it would cut off. I simply swapped them out with ones that were unused on the AUX functions. Fixed. The 2nd minor issue was simply replacing the 9 volt battery backup that kept the time.

You would think a Tech Line could troubleshoot something like this, very straightforward repair.

I'd really steer someone away from "modern" pool/spa control units like this, I think they create far more headaches than they're worth. They're incredibly expensive and the parts have a huge markup. This particular Jandy AquaLink unit is on its 2nd control board. An old school Intermatic timer is the way to go if you don't want the drama.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.