New construction, first chemical test

Filled pool few days ago, using well water. Taylor 2006 kit,

Ph 7.0
TA 75ppm
CH 25ppm

Water is clear until I brush then cloudy which I assume is related to the plaster curing. Private plaster pools are sorta new to Belize, at least in this area, so any help is appreciated. I live about 200 ft from beach and the normal weather here is sunny, mid 80s to mid 90s most days. Don't want to start dumping a bunch of stuff into it as chemicals are about3 times the cost here compared to the US.

Keep in mind that the PH, TA, and CH levels will go up fairly quickly for the first month or so, and then more slowly for up to a year. The most important thing with fresh plaster is to keep the PH from getting too high and to brush frequently for at least the first week and preferably the whole first month.

It is common to use trichlor tablets in the skimmer and leave the pump running for the first couple of weeks. 1 tablet for each 10,000 gallons. That will raise both FC and CYA and also help keep the PH under control, all of which are handy right now.

You want to keep an eye on the CH level, and if you are not on track for getting to 300 by the end of the first month you might want to bump it up a little. You don't want to raise CH too much least the continuing CH increase takes the level to high.

I understand that I should wait at least 30 days from filling the pool before adding salt and no swimming during that time. If I add chlorine during this time is swimming ok or will that screw things up when I add salt and begin using the swg?
Just ran test and results
TA 75ppm
Ph 7.0 - 7.2
CH 25
So not much change in past 24 hours. I plan to run test in morning. Seem like my CH is low especially with the white cloud I get when I brush the pool. I usually brush 2 - 3 times a day (I'm retired, keeps me from having to do real work around the place)

As long as it has been at least two days since the plaster was applied, the water is clear, the PH is in range (7.2 - 7.8), FC levels are normal for your CYA level (and measurably above zero, both will be fairly low for a little while, which is normal) and there is no visible signs of algae then you can swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.