Lots and lots of leaves!

Sep 17, 2013
DFW metroplex
So here's another dumb question - we've had some pretty strong winds for a couple of days which has blown a tremendous amount of leaves and stuff into the pool. Right now I'm skimming it and brushing at least twice a day to try to catch as much as I can and the Polaris is running about two hours a day. Should I run the Polaris more?

Dave - it was clean yesterday but not so much this morning! I've been out twice already emptying the skimmers and getting as much as I can out. A couple of weeks ago when we had the high winds and hail I had the same problem and wound up filling a small garbage can with the stuff I pulled out. All the trees except one are on the far side of the yard!

Every pool has different surroundings but in my pool (I get a huge amount of leaves) I have found that a sturdy pole and net are my best defense.......the vacs just don't get them well enough.

Dirt and small debris is completely different and I leave that entirely up to the auto-vac. I probably run my robot every day for around 3 hours daily but then I have a large pool which is maybe the biggest influence.

You simply have to learn your pool and decide what works best for your situation.

Definitely agree with duraleigh. If you keep getting a lot of leaves on your pool better find a good solution and I find covering it a nice option as you don't need to run your vacuum most of the time. It'll save you more time and energy that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.