Beaded ( J liner ) or stanard over the edge?

srk

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 14, 2014
North/West Ohio
Almost ready to buy. We are putting in a 24ft rd above ground, Semi inground about 24". What would be better? The beaded style liner or the standard over the edge liner. I have been told that water can get behind the beaded style liner and the inner pool wall? Don't know, just want to do it right the first time.

Thank

The J hook liner comes with the bead. You can use the J hook, by slipping it over the top of the wall or taking the J hook portion off and using the track for the beaded liner. Then there is the over lap.

I can't speak for the beaded liner with the track (although I have the track in my garage because I didn't use it) and water behind the liner... I have the J hook liner and it was really easy to install.

When I was researching for my pool purchase I was cautioned that the beaded liner would allow salt water to reach the steel liner at the joints of the beaded liner receiver. The recommendation was to use the J-hook instead of the beaded liner. I can vouch for what Casey said "the J hook liner and it was really easy to install".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.