try to do it again

Jun 27, 2013
This is going to be my 2nd attempt at setting our pool up, last year just didn't go well. I couldn't get the pool level and was a waste our time and money. We have an intex pool with metal legs and metal pipes for support, can I put cement blocks or pavers under the legs to keep the legs from sinking into the ground. Please give some advice so I can put our pool up this year and get some use out of it so my wife will not be frustrated and want to sell it.

Putting pavers or 1ft long pressure treated 2x6 at ground level will go a long way towards keeping the legs from sinking. Make sure that the liner does't rub on them when you fill the pool.

It can't be stressed enough that a regular frame Intex pool needs to be level within 1/2in all the way around. This helps with movement when people are in the pool. Yes Intex pools do move a lot!

Big supports - planks or pavers - are actually recommended by Intex.

Level the area. Bad news: you do it by digging the high side down to match the low side. Unless you have some sort of heavy construction equipment to pack the fill, throwing the dirt you've dug off one side to fill in the low side won't work. It will settle and sink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.