When to superchlorinate?

Cpool

Oct 30, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi, just finished my install of circupool si45+. Dumped my salt in and I am waiting to start the cell up. I was wondering when do you guys use super-chlorinate? The pool water looks ok but has had no chlorine in it for about a week or so. There is debris on the bottom but water looks decent, not perfect by any means. Haven't shocked or slammed my pool in months and months bc it never reads cc. Should I just wait to see cc to use super-chlorinate? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can use the SWG in a supporting role while SLAMing, and that will reduce the amount of chlorine you need to add manually. The key thing to understand is that it is very important that the FC level come up very quickly during the first portion of slamming, which is best done with manual chlorine additions, while the SWG is much better used as part of maintaining the level.

It will run for 24 hours at 100%, and then go back to it's previous setting automatically. That can be good or bad depending on the situation. For an extended SLAM, you might want to manually turn it up to 100% so you don't need to press super chlorinate each day, but when things are moving along more quickly, having it go back automatically can be very convenient.

I'd rather just add liquid chlorine to boost my numbers rather than use the SWG so heavily. I just figure I'd be saving some wear and tear on it.
My SWG is pretty much my back up or baseline chlorinator and rarely is it set above 10%/max 8 hours run time. I lose very little with the use of the autocover, and on the very few times I needed to raise my levels the liquid chlorine is a much faster response which I desire.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.