Small Cleaner for Step and Bench Areas

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
Can anyone recommend a small (handheld) cleaner that I can use quickly to get little dirt particles and small item#4 chipped pieces (while waiting for patio to be done) out of the pool. We do have an AquabotT, but I don't want to drag that out for just doing step and bench areas, and some times it doesn't get the pieces anyway. We also have the triangular-head vacuum that works off the skimmer that he pb gave us. Again, too cumbersome with the long hose for just a few pieces of dirt.

I have seen the pool broom and pool buster on different sites, but wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

Thx.

A spa wand is a good option. I use mine on my upper step and swim ledge all the time (my cleaner can't get to those).
Advantage is that it is powered by pumping it so you don't have to worry about recharging batteries and they cost a LOT less then a pool buster! :wink:
It's powerful enough to suck up small rocks and even got the small shingle pieces out of both the pool and spa after my roof was redone last month!

I'm not a fan of either the spa wand or the pool buster.

The pool buster doesn't suck well enough to easily pick up the fine dirt that collects on my steps. The spa wand is a lot of work and gets full of the pine needles I get in my spa very quickly. The buster doesn't pick those up either.

I need to ebay both of them.

Aquaman95 said:
I'm not a fan of either the spa wand or the pool buster.

The pool buster doesn't suck well enough to easily pick up the fine dirt that collects on my steps. The spa wand is a lot of work and gets full of the pine needles I get in my spa very quickly. The buster doesn't pick those up either.

I need to ebay both of them.
So what DO you use?

I have a Pool Buster Max that I use for my negative edge catch basin and spa. For my tanning ledge, benches, and steps I usually just brush them so that the dirt/leaves are picked up by the main drain or Polaris.

The Pool Buster comes with a standard bag that is fine for leaves. But, you can buy an addiitonal bag with a tighter weave that is great for nabbing dirt and pollen. Alternatively, I had luck using a skimmer sock in conjunction with the standard bag. I ended up getting the other bag for ease of cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.