Newbie Pool Owner - 24' Round Radiant Semi-Inground Self Install - Lots of Photos

Hello all. I have been lurking and stumbled upon this cool forum while researching the right pool for our family. I decided to go with a Radiant Metric pool. The biggest selling point for me was that I plan on doing a segmental block pool wall around the perimeter of the exposed part of the pool and the Radiant pool does not have any buttresses to get in the way and the coping allows for a neat edge. I am a research junky and try and become educated before I make any large purchase. I had a bunch of quotes from local pool stores and then the Radiant Pool supplier and the costs were way out of control. I decided to tackle the project myself. I just had the hole dug yesterday. I am burying the pool half way (27"). This weekend I hope to trench the electric service to the filter area, level the patio blocks and prep some other areas I am doing some improvements on. The pool is scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. Here are some photos.

Tight Squeeze

Topsoil Removal

Commencing Irrigation Destruction :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Hard part is done

I am thinking wow this is big, should I have gone with an 18 footer... lol

Thanks guys... My son who is 6 loves working outside with me. If it involves a shovel or a wheel barrow or my tractor he will drop every toy and come outside. He literally backfilled 1/3 of the pool by himself... I plan on having him do all the pool maintenance. He cant wait until I connect the pump and filter this weekend so he can vacuum it...

My only issue with the install was the tremendous amount of wrinkles in the liner. I dont know why the bottom of the pool has so many. I spent hours compacting and leveling the sand. I used a gorilla pad under the liner and foam cove. My only thought is we went an even 4 ft level pool bottom. The manufacturer directions states you can go up to an additional foot deeper on the middle of the pool. I guess the liner has little too much play. I am going to have to do alot of plunging when it gets warmer. Does anyone have experience with trying to smooth out the liner.

Hello. Thanks for posting your Radiant Pool pics. We to have went with a 24" Radiant pool. semi in ground.Just waiting for it to get dry enough to dig.Ours will be about 13" on the front side and about 26" on the back. Due to several factors we are having ours installed by local pool installer.

Plan on getting some pics of our build posted here when we get going on the project. Enjoy your pool !!!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good luck with your pool. So far I am super pleased with the quality and engineering of the pool. Cant wait for it to get warmer...

Hello. Thanks for posting your Radiant Pool pics. We to have went with a 24" Radiant pool. semi in ground.Just waiting for it to get dry enough to dig.Ours will be about 13" on the front side and about 26" on the back. Due to several factors we are having ours installed by local pool installer.

Plan on getting some pics of our build posted here when we get going on the project. Enjoy your pool !!!!!!!

The only way to get the wrinkles out is to drain almost all of the water :( So sorry. When you go to refill it fill many,many, many gallon ziploc bags with water and put them all along the side of the liner to help hold it against the wall. Of course that is after you have walked or crawled all of the wrinkles out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.