Concrete Sealers & Non-Slip Additives

stever

LifeTime Supporter
Many of you have mentioned that you have used a concret sealer on your deck -- especially with a non-slip additive. In looking into it, it seems there are a bunch of products for the sealer and a bunch more for the anti-slip additive. I have seen the following anti-slip products:

- Shark Grip
- Sure Trac
- Shur Grip
- Poly Grip

Have any of you used these? How have they worked (anti-slipp-ness) and how have they worn? How often does it need to be reapplied?

Also, with a textured colored concrete, I have been told the sealer will enhance the colors and give it a wetter look -- which products do you recommend?

Thank you very much!

Steve

Reactions: pjku79
stever said:
Many of you have mentioned that you have used a concret sealer on your deck -- especially with a non-slip additive. In looking into it, it seems there are a bunch of products for the sealer and a bunch more for the anti-slip additive. I have seen the following anti-slip products:

- Shark Grip
- Sure Trac
- Shur Grip
- Poly Grip

Have any of you used these? How have they worked (anti-slipp-ness) and how have they worn? How often does it need to be reapplied?

Also, with a textured colored concrete, I have been told the sealer will enhance the colors and give it a wetter look -- which products do you recommend?

Thank you very much!

Steve

Sorry, can't offer any info on this, but I am very interested in any information as well.

I too am looking into this myself. My concrete is only 7days old and I am told I need to wait at least 45 days for a full cure. Can you pressure wash the concrete before sealing? If you do pressure wash how long after before you seal? I have 3.5 weeks to go before I can do anything but I want to be ready.

Steve,

I used InCrete brand sealer on my stained/stamped deck. It absolutely enhances the colors. Previous to sealing, the colors were much lighter than I wanted and very grayed out. It's the difference between that pretty seashell you find on the beach when it's wet, and when you get it home, just an old gray shell... You can see the color difference from the before and after sealer in my pool build link in my signature on page 2. I believe the brand of non-slip addative was Rhino Grip, but they are probably all very similiar. We just mixed a little in the paint tray as we were rolling it on. I put three coats on. I used about 12-13 gallons of sealer for a 1200 sq ft deck. I think you could get away with two coats and be fine, it'd just be a little less glossy. The sealer definately makes the concrete slick, but the non-skid particles keep it good. I have pansy feet and I can still walk on it just fine. You can feel it but it's not sharp. You cannot see it at all.

Jim

Bump for more opinions. I just finished my new pool. My concrete was great before sealed but now it's like a slip and slide.

My contractor said he uses acrylic slip resistant sealer. He said it might take a week to settle down.

I'm holding my breath.

Bump for more opinions. I just finished my new pool. My concrete was great before sealed but now it's like a slip and slide.

My contractor said he uses acrylic slip resistant sealer. He said it might take a week to settle down.

I'm holding my breath.

I would watch for the acrylic coating to haze up since you have a SWCG. Then get the concrete guy to fix it. then let me know how he fixed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.