First test readings with TF100 kit

CCisotope

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2013
Cypress, TX
New Pool build with new plaster, it's been 7 days since the pool was completely filled and acid start-up. I took a quick pH and Chlorine reading 2 days ago and pH was 8 and Cl was 0. I contacted Mr.PB and he came out to vacuum the pool, added more acid yesterday afternoon and filled the Rainbow in line chlorinator with more pucks.

I took some readings this morning because I was worried about the pH during the curing phase.

Here are the readings.

Cl=0 (Is this normal to have a zero reading for Cl for new plaster?)
pH=7.2 or 7.5 (It hard for me to tell the diff between the 7.2 and 7.5 orangish colors)
TA=90
CH=120
CYA= I filled the vial all the way to the top and the little black dot on the bottom never disappeared....what am I doing wrong?

The new plaster is not the reason you have zero chlorine. If you have zero CYA, the sun's UV rays will breakdown the chlorine faster than the pucks can dissolve. I know what I would do, but I don't have to worry about my warranty and you do, so call the PB and complain to him. Even if you manually add chlorox, it won't last long until the CYA level rises.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.