Pool opening timing and temps questions

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
So our winter cover has blown off and torn and we are starting to get some warm temp days out so I was thinking about getting the pool the rest of the way filled up and opening it for the year. But I am not sure if we can because of the temp swings. For example the highs are in the 70s the next couple of days then next week we are going to have 3 days with the highs in the 40-50s with lows in around 28-30. Will this damage my equipment/pool being out in that temp? What should I do? I dont want algae with raising temps and no cover but dont want my pool/equipment damaged either

Your low temps probably won't last long enough to freeze anything if the temps are headed back up. Even if they do, just run the pump while it is freezing--you probably need to circulate anyhow! Get that pool in gear!

What are your current water temps?

Agree with woody, while lows might dip below freezing at night, I doubt it would be long enough to cause even a skim of ice if your water temps are well above freezing.

Well its gonna take me a couple of days to get the water level high enough to run the pump. I was thinking about putting a floater with tabs in there (have some in shed from previous owner) in the mean time as the CYA was essentially non-existent when tested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.