First time adding salt

Dump it in. And if you have kids, let them play with it.

You should test the salt level before you add because you may not need all that.

Hopefully you got solar salt to save yourself some money.

Also circulate at least a day before turning on the SWG.

Excess salinity will take a long time to get rid of. Make sure you have an accurate test done. Trust me, it wont be at a pool store. Both stores I took samples too were 600 and 1300 ppm lower than what it really was using my 1766 test kit. Strips aren't much better. I wish I'd bought my taylor 1766 tester before I started pouring salt in my pool. Dont trust the salinity levels your si-45 is telling you either. Mine have never been close. Today the instant is 4300 which is as close to the actual 4000 my 1766 test says it is as ever before. But the aversge is still showing 2800. Unfortunately, the cell will stop generating chlorine based on what it thinks the salinity level is right or wrong.

We beat the bags with a hammer to break up the clumps and dump and brush. Make sure you run filter for 24 hours before testing. We always do 80% of recommended salt then test and add more if needed. Usually the recommended amount is a bit high to get the right amount. Enjoy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.