pressure gauge

Yep.

Check at a farm store. You can often find bigger gauges that are higher quality and cost less. Just make sure it is a 0-60PSI gauge.

Just make sure it is a 0-60PSI gauge.

I don't think I agree with this 100% ... my pressure never gets over 20psi, so I prefer the 0-30 gauge I just got. I would think that most pools do not go over 30psi, although there are some with large pumps and in-floor systems that do and would require a 0-60 gauge.

I don't think I agree with this 100% ... my pressure never gets over 20psi, so I prefer the 0-30 gauge I just got. I would think that most pools do not go over 30psi, although there are some with large pumps and in-floor systems that do and would require a 0-60 gauge.

I've never seen a 0-30 gauge in a farm store though. Most are 0-120. 0-60 works fine since 18-20psi is about a third of the scale.

I got a 0-30 liquid gauge and liked it enough to start carrying them at TFTestkits.

They are 2.5" in dia. so quite a bit bigger than standard on a pool filter and the gradations are much wider and easier to read.

There big advantage is they will not freeze down to around -20 F. That's more than I'll ever see so I am able to leave my gauge attached all winter.

At 10-11 dollars, they are not a steal UNLESS you were ordering chemistry anyway......that makes the shipping essentially free.

So, do you need one? Absolutely not but they are obviously nicer than the air-filled and noticeably easier to read.

I got a 0-30 liquid gauge and liked it enough to start carrying them at TFTestkits.

They are 2.5" in dia. so quite a bit bigger than standard on a pool filter and the gradations are much wider and easier to read.

There big advantage is they will not freeze down to around -20 F. That's more than I'll ever see so I am able to leave my gauge attached all winter.

At 10-11 dollars, they are not a steal UNLESS you were ordering chemistry anyway......that makes the shipping essentially free.

So, do you need one? Absolutely not but they are obviously nicer than the air-filled and noticeably easier to read.

Dave - is the one on TFTestkits.com made of stainless steel? And is it made in the USA?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just received the one from TFTestkits.net and it is stainless steel. Feels far superior to my original Pentair that was plastic, only lasted 8 months, and cost $27 to replace from Amazon. And it is really easy to read from a distance. Love it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.