Question about aeration

Sep 12, 2013
Montgomery,Al
Hey Guys and gals!

I have an Aqua Genie filter (not by choice, pool came that way when I bought the house) so I have no other jets other than the Genie that returns strictly below the skimmer. I'm wondering what I could possibly rig up separately to help in aeration and circulation especially to help if PH starts dropping. Last year I had a small statue with a pond pump I hung into the pool that just shot a small squirt of water so I'm sure it really didn't help and I was constantly tripping over the chord I had running to it. Any thoughts?

FC 6.0
CC 0
TC 6.0
PH 7.5
TA 75 but just added 100 oz baking soda
CH 125
CYA 50

pH is unlikely to drop unless you are using trichlor or dichlor ... which we do not recommend. So, this may not actually be a problem.

Unless you want aeration for the cooling effect, I would not worry about it.

No I don't use pucks...BBB all the way for me after a terrible first year with those nasty things! Don't need to cool pool only gets about 5 hrs of sun cause of a neighbors 100 ft pine that shades my pool from 2:30 PM on. Wish he'd cut it down!

I seriously doubt you will have a need to raise the pH ... unless your top off water has a very low pH. Looks like your TA was pretty low as well which should slow the pH rise ... so you may end up pretty stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.