Putting CYA in dolphin floater?

Oct 7, 2013
Hi
I am really fighting with getting CYA to dissolve in my 45 degree water. I have tried the sock in skimmer approach but I am only pumping about 4 hours a day and this is going nowhere. Has anyone tried to put the sock in a tablet floater and just let it sit? Any concerns if that floater gets stuck in a corner and the low ph discharge to the vinyl if I tried this approach?

Thanks !

Try putting it in a sock and hang it in front of a return with pump running till it's dissolved. If you do put it in the skimmer again make sure to let your pump run till it's all dissolved.
I know it dissolves slower with the colder water temp.

Don't do the tablet floater. It will take forever to dissolve that way. And I would be concerned about damage to the liner if it settled in a corner. The way I did it was to put it in a sock in the skimmer and let the pump run 24 hrs per day. Every so often I would squeeze the sock. Even so it took a couple of days for 7 lbs of CYA to dissolve. I tried in front of a return, but it seemed that some was settling to the bottom of the pool, so the skimmer worked better for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.