OK to refridgerate test kit?

Xebec

Jun 23, 2008
I just bought a Taylor K-2006. The box says to keep in a cool, dry place.

I don't always run the air conditioning in my house, so the temp can fluctuate.

How about keeping the kit in the fridge? Will that work? Or, is it too cold?

Hey, folks,

I would not put the kit in the refridgerator. I see no advantage but I do see a disadvantage.

When you pull that 40 degree kit out to do some work, you are begging for condensation to occur.

I believe it would make more sense to keep it at room temperature and use it at room temperature.

No problem in the house even if the temp fluctuates. If you are comfortable so is your test kit.

Refrigeration is not a good idea...one of the reagents, CYA I believe, tends to coagulate when cold.

Aquaman95 said:
No problem in the house even if the temp fluctuates. If you are comfortable so is your test kit.

Refrigeration is not a good idea...one of the reagents, CYA I believe, tends to coagulate when cold.

Interesting - I've got a pint bottle of CYA reagent (bought way too much last year) in my refrigerator, and it's not coagulated a bit. In fact, none of my reagents seem to have been affected by being in the 'fridge for over a year now. My FAS-DPD powder is still white and dry and fine. Perhaps I'm just lucky - now if my luck would only extend to picking Powerball numbers...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.