Came home to a swamp

qmgmt

Jun 30, 2008
Greetings,
I am new pool owner and a new forum member.
My rectangle 30x15 20K gal screened in Pool was sparkling & perfect when I left on vac 2 wks ago
I was testing weekly and requiring 1 jug of chlorine each week to maintain
I loaded the chlorinator with tabs thinking I would have only A BIT of catching up when I got back
Came home to a swamp...my pump breaker was kicked..
Upon my pool supply store suggestion I have put in 10 gallons of liquid chlorine 2 days running to total of 20 gallons and have seen little or no change
I have brushed & vaccumed 2x daily and rinsed out filter 2x daily as well.
3 visits to the pool supply have rendered 3 different clerks with 3 different opinions...ALL happy to load me up and swipe my card.
Need big time advice quick..MUCH appreciated.
Should I be hand vacumming ? or can I run my Navigator a few hours a day w/out damage.
I am in sunny humid Ocala, Florida....and it rained alot whaen I was gone....a factor I know.
Thanks !
Q

Re: Green/Cloudy Water - Even the frogs are scared of my pool!

qmgmt said:
Greetings,
I am new pool owner and a new forum member.
My rectangle 30x15 20K gal screened in Pool was sparkling & perfect when I left on vac 2 wks ago
I was testing weekly and requiring 1 jug of chlorine each week to maintain
I loaded the chlorinator with tabs thinking I would have only A BIT of catching up when I got back
Came home to a swamp...my pump breaker was kicked..
Upon my pool supply store suggestion I have put in 10 gallons of liquid chlorine 2 days running to total of 20 gallons and have seen little or no change
I have brushed & vaccumed 2x daily and rinsed out filter 2x daily as well.
3 visits to the pool supply have rendered 3 different clerks with 3 different opinions...ALL happy to load me up and swipe my card.
Need big time advice quick..MUCH appreciated.
Should I be hand vacumming ? or can I run my Navigator a few hours a day w/out damage.
I am in sunny humid Ocala, Florida....and it rained alot whaen I was gone....a factor I know.
Thanks !
Q

Hello there welcome to TFP. We call this post here a thread hijack.... not on purpose I'm sure.

I would recommend beginning a new thread of your own, and include in your post a full set of test results and how they were taken (yourself, via strips, kit, or pool store)

Moved to a new Topic/thread. JasonLion

It takes time to clear a swamp. There are many helpful articles in Pool School. It's going to take a lot of bleach and running your filter 24/7, brushing the walls and cleaning the filter. But it will get there, don't worry you are in the right place.

A full set of numbers, and then we can help you better. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.