Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bleach calc

1. Back To Top    #1

bleach calc

Looks like pool solutions finally died. Oh well. I noticed on this version of the bleach calc it has something I havent seen. CSI can you tell me how to figure this out. Thanks
    25000 ig gunite. 2hp pump. de filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bleach calc

Pool Solutions/Pool Forum hasn't died, though without new members they haven't been as active recently.

BleachCalc is the same as always. I assume you are actually talking about my Pool Calculator, see the link in my signature, which includes a CSI calculation.

The CSI (Calcite Saturation Index) is very much like the LSI (Langelier Saturation Index) but a bit more accurate. LSI includes several approximations designed to make it practical to calculate with a pencil and paper. CSI is designed to be calculated by a computer, so it doesn't need to use as many approximations.

Both of these indexes are designed to give you a sense of which situations are likely to result in pitting of plaster surfaces or calcium scaling. CSI values below -0.6 suggest a possibility of pitting of plaster surfaces. CSI values above 0.6 suggest a possibility of calcium scaling.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: bleach calc

Thanks for the info. I tried pool solutions today and couldnt get on . Just figured it was a matter of time
    25000 ig gunite. 2hp pump. de filter