Equipment Pad Pergola!

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
Just spent the better half of two days building a 5ft x 10ft pergola to go over my equipment pad. Total spent including decking hardware and redwood studs/ posts is $250.00. To complete it, I plan on installing the sun shade type screen across the top and probably staining it a color of my wife's choice (lol). This should keep the sun from beating down on my precious pool equipment, plus it makes the pool equipment wall look a little better.

11kgnrs.jpg

2i056k9.jpg

Little update... I hate nothing more than painting... well, maybe sanding drywall mud, but that is a different story. With that said, I took about a month to get around to putting two coats of Cedar tinted deck stain to the Pergola. I also put some sun shade screen on top to help keep the sun from beating down on my precious equipment. Let me know what you think..

15z5r7s.jpg

2pr5tvc.jpg

25fn6ty.jpg

15s7nk6.jpg

Looks good and the dog is super cute! I remember watching your build! :goodjob:

Here is a picture near the end of construction showing all the pool equipment at the end of the pool.

IMG_1175.jpg

We didn't like seeing all the equipment out in the open. Our pool gets direct sun almost all day, and we didn't want the sun beating down on the equipment all day. We had the following pergola installed. No more unsightly equipment and it is shaded.

IMG_1778 smaller.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.