Raising PH and keeping TA steady

Jun 3, 2008
I added CYA and my PH dropped to 7.0. My TA is exactly where I want it at 75 (had it at 100 last year and was continually battling rising PH...this year have never added acid). So now I want to raise PH. What's the better way to do it if I don't want the TA to move: add borax or aerate? Thanks in advance.

Charrua said:
I added CYA and my PH dropped to 7.0. My TA is exactly where I want it at 75 (had it at 100 last year and was continually battling rising PH...this year have never added acid). So now I want to raise PH. What's the better way to do it if I don't want the TA to move: add borax or aerate? Thanks in advance.

Chemgeek just posted this in another thread-

Borax is used for TWO distinct uses. One is to raise the pH without as much rise in TA. It does raise the TA, but only half as much as using pH Up / soda ash / sodium carbonate. Only aeration raises the pH with no change in TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.