I need Help! I am out of practice!

aretha1075

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Jonesville, VA
Hello all after winter break! I may have messed up my pool.:oops:

I did not cover it this fall and winter so I have a bunch of leaves in the bottom. I have been dipping them out and nearly have them all. We got the pump hooked back up today and started shocking to get rid of the green water.

Two people adding bleach without each others knowledge is why the FC is so high.

So here are my first numbers: FC- 45 :oops:, ph- way above 8.2(the color is bright fushia), TA- 50, CC-4

I did not do a calcium hardness or CYA test yet. How in the world do I get the ph down? I have added a full container of ph down powder and 16 oz of liquid muriatic acid. I checked the ph before the chemicals and about an hour after adding it.

Forgot to add the water temp is 60.

If you took the PH test with FC levels above 10 your not going to get an accurate test. It will read a false high. Nothing you can do about the PH with FC levels above 10.
If you did not test for CYA how did you know what your SLAM level was ?

The sun was not bright enough for a good CYA test and I just wanted to get some chlorine in the water. I am in the process of adding water so I did not think it wise to start a full shock cycle until all water is in, leaves are out, and proper numbers run. The ph just really freaked me out.

- - - Updated - - -

I said I am out of practice. Got some reading to do tonight!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.